Effective Date: October 18, 2016
Mission Statement, LLC (“Mission Statement”, “we”, “our”, or “us”) provides this privacy notice to inform you of how we may collect, use, and share personal information that you and others provide us through MissionStatement.com (“Site”).
When using our Site, you may voluntarily provide personal information including your name, contact information, payment information, or additional information you choose to provide to us. We may also collect other information from your interaction with the Site, such as information associated with user accounts, demographic information, your preferences and interests, as well as other information relevant to customer service and customer surveys and/or offers. We may receive information about you from third parties and combine it with information you have provided to us.
We may offer you, as a visitor to the Site, the opportunity to engage with our content on or through third-party social networking websites, plug-ins, and applications. When you engage with our content on or through third-party networking websites, plug-ins, and applications, we may have access to certain information associated with your social media account (for example, your profile picture and social media contacts).
We may use the personal and non-personal information we collect for purposes including, but not limited to, the following:
- Providing products and services you have requested, which includes using the collection of payment information for payment authorization and/or pre-sale purposes;
- Managing your user account and using account information for advertising and marketing purposes;
- Maintaining, improving, and personalizing your experience of our Site and other services;
- Sending you offers and advertising from us, our affiliates, subsidiaries, and other third parties that may be of interest to you;
- Complying with law enforcement and maintaining the security of our Site; or
- As otherwise disclosed at the time of collection or use.
We may share the personal information we have collected with other parties including:
- Affiliated companies;
- Service providers or agents that perform activities for us, including Shopify, Inc., the e-commerce platform used to sell our products and services, vendors used for marketing and order fulfillment, and those payment processors used for order fulfillment, authorization and pre-sale purposes;
- Selected third parties for their direct marketing purposes;
- As part of a corporate sale, merger, or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or as otherwise required by law, or to protect our rights or the rights of third parties; or
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
The Site may include user accounts, which may include a wish list function. The information provided in user accounts and wish lists may be available to other users and the general public. Information displayed on the public parts of the Site may be accessible to the public.
If you stay logged in to your social media accounts, log into our Site using your social media account, use a "like" button, or use other social media features while visiting our Site, those social media companies may collect information about you. Your interactions with social media companies and the use of their features are governed by the privacy policies of the social media companies that provide those features.
We may disclose de-identified, aggregated, or other non-personal information to third parties at our discretion.
The Site may provide links to third-party websites or apps, including social media or social networking sites or apps. We do not control the privacy practices of those websites or apps, and they are not covered by this privacy notice. You should review the privacy notice of other websites or apps to learn about their data practices.
Digital Advertising & Analytics
We may partner with ad networks and other ad serving providers (“Advertising Providers”) that serve ads on our behalf and others’ on non-affiliated platforms. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information Advertising Providers collect about your use of the Site and other sites or apps over time. This type of advertising is known as interest-based advertising.
You may visit www.aboutads.info to learn more about this type of advertising and how to opt-out of this advertising on websites by companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) self-regulatory program.
If you delete your cookies or use a different browser or mobile device, you may need to renew your opt-out choice. You may also be able to limit data collection for advertising purposes using tools available on your device. Note that electing to opt-out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser or applications. It may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests.
We may also work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Site and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. Mission Statement uses Google Analytics and other third parties to improve the performance of the Site and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google uses data when you use our website, visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- To opt-out of our use of personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may e-mail us at email@example.com
- To opt-out of our e-mail marketing or cancel your subscription, you can also use the link provided at the bottom of each marketing message.
- As described in this privacy notice, we may also make your personal information available to third parties for their marketing purposes. If you do not want us to share your personal information with third parties for such marketing, you may opt-out of this information sharing by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updating your Information
You may request to review, change, or update your personal information by logging into your account or e-mailing us at email@example.com .
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
If we decide to change our privacy notice, we will post these changes on this page. We encourage you to periodically visit this page to learn of updates.
If you have questions, comments, or concerns about this privacy notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org